Contact: Mary Jane Dunlap, University Relations, (785) 864-8853, mjdunlap@ku.edu.

KU announces more than 850 summer graduates

LAWRENCE -- More than 850 students received degrees from the University of Kansas after the 2004 summer session, according to KU Registrar Cindy Derritt, who announced the names of the new graduates today.

Because KU conducts only one formal commencement ceremony each year, many of these graduates will return to take part in commencement exercises May 22, 2005. The list of students graduating from Kansas and other states is online at http://www.news.ku.edu/2004/04N/SeptNews/Sept17/directory.html.

Kansas home counties: Allen, Atchison, Barton, Brown,Butler, Cherokee, Cheyenne, Clay, Cloud, Coffey, Cowley, Crawford, Douglas, Ellis, Finney, Ford, Franklin, Geary, Greeley, Harvey, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Labette, Leavenworth, Lincoln, Lyons, McPherson, Meade, Miami, Mitchell, Montgomery, Neosho, Ottawa, Pottawatomie, Reno, Republic, Rice, Riley, Saline, Sedgwick, Seward, Shawnee, Stevens, Sumner, Wilson, Wyandotte.

Note: KU offers about 75 undergraduate and 165 graduate degrees. Abbreviations for the more common ones are used with the major or majors when applicable. If no major is listed, the name of the major is in the name of the degree. The key:

BA-bachelor of arts
BAE-bachelor of art education
BGS-bachelor of general studies
BFA-bachelor of fine arts
BM- bachelor of music
BME-bachelor of music education
BSB-bachelor of science in business
BSE-bachelor of science in education
BSJ-bachelor of science in journalism
BSN-bachelor of science in nursing
BSP-bachelor of science in pharmacy
BSW-bachelor of social work
CFR-certificate of fellowship or residency
DE-doctor of engineering
DMA-doctor of musical arts
EdD-doctor of education
EDS-specialist in education
JD-juris doctor (doctor of law)
MA-master of arts
MAIS (MAS)-master of accounting and information systems
MAR-master of architecture
MBA-master of business administration
MD-doctor of medicine
ME-master of engineering
MME-master of music education
MFA-master of fine arts
MHAMS-master of historical administration and museum studies
MHD-master of human development
MHS-master of health service administration
MM-master of music
MPA-master of public administration
MPH-master of public health
MS-master of science
MSE-master of science in education
MSW-master of social work
MUP-master of urban planning
PD-doctor of pharmacy
PhD-doctor of philosophy


This site is maintained by University Relations, the public relations office for the University of Kansas Lawrence campus. Information may be reused without permission; images may be reused with notice of copyright but not altered.

 • Contact us: kurelations@ku.edu | (785) 864-3256 | 1314 Jayhawk Blvd., Lawrence, KS 66045