Skip redundant pieces
KU Home  :  KU News

KU News Release

More Information


University Relations

p (785) 864-3256
f (785) 864-3339
Oct. 20, 2006
Contact: Diana Robertson, Department of Student Housing, (785) 864-7217.

KU announces student housing leaders for 2006-07

Go to county and state directory

LAWRENCE — More than 140 University of Kansas students are among the 2006-07 Department of Student Housing leaders, including resident assistants for KU’s apartment units and eight residence halls, proctors for 11 scholarship halls and the top four officers for the four university housing organizations.

Among the duties of the 125 students employed as live-in resident assistants or proctors are serving as student role models, handling administrative and programming duties, and performing paraprofessional advisory functions for the residents.

Housing organization officers and student senators are elected to represent their fellow students as well as to organize and facilitate shared social, intellectual and cultural concerns and activities.

About 5,000 people live in KU student housing facilities, according to Diana Robertson, interim director of the Department of Student Housing.

Student housing groups:

— The Association of University Residence Halls includes Corbin, Gertrude Sellards Pearson, Ellsworth, Hashinger, Lewis, McCollum, Oliver and Templin residence halls for single male and female students.

— The All Scholarship Hall Council comprises Margaret Amini, Douthart, Miller, Rieger, Sellards and Watkins scholarship halls for women and K.K. Amini, Battenfeld, Grace Pearson, Pearson and Stephenson scholarship halls for men.

— Jayhawker Towers Tenants Association includes four multi-story buildings for single-student apartment housing.

— Stouffer Neighborhood Association represents Stouffer Place Apartments, designed to house students with children and/or students who are married. Students and nonstudent spouses are eligible to hold SNA offices.

KU students who are resident assistants, proctors or association officers are listed at by Kansas county, state or country, hometown, level in school, major and, when available, parents and high school attended.


The University of Kansas is a major comprehensive research and teaching university. University Relations is the central public relations office for KU's Lawrence campus. | (785) 864-3256 | 1314 Jayhawk Blvd., Lawrence, KS 66045