KU News Release
Oct. 5, 2011
Contact: Mai Hester, Student Health Services, 785-864-6351
KU flu clinics for students and employees
LAWRENCE — Flu season has arrived with the cooler weather, and Student Health Services will once again offer flu vaccinations, the most reliable way to ward off the flu.
A series of walk-in flu shot clinics is planned for the next four weeks throughout campus. The cost is $15 for flu shots and $20 for the nasal spray mist. The clinics are open to all KU students, faculty, staff, retirees and affiliates.
The schedule for the flu clinics is as follows:
• Wednesday, Oct. 12: Noon-3 p.m., Kansas Union
• Thursday, Oct. 13: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Anschutz Library
• Tuesday, Oct. 18: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Strong Hall
• Wednesday, Oct. 19: 11 a.m.-3 p.m., The Underground (Wescoe Hall)
• Thursday, Oct. 20: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Anschutz Library
• Tuesday, Oct. 25: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Kansas Union
• Wednesday, Oct. 26: 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Strong Hall
• Thursday, Oct. 27: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., The Underground (Wescoe Hall)
• Tuesday, Nov. 1: 1 p.m.-5 p.m., Watkins Memorial Health Center
• Wednesday, Nov. 2: 1 p.m.-5 p.m., Watkins Memorial Health Center
• Thursday, Nov. 3: 1 p.m.-5 p.m., Watkins Memorial Health Center
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends everyone 6 months and older get a flu vaccine. Vaccination is especially important for people at higher risk of severe influenza and their close contacts, including those with chronic health conditions like asthma, diabetes or heart and lung disease.
For more information, visit here.
The University of Kansas is a major comprehensive research and teaching university. University Relations is the central public relations office for KU's Lawrence email@example.com | (785) 864-3256 | 1314 Jayhawk Blvd., Lawrence, KS 66045