KU News Release
November 8, 2012
Contact: Jill Jess, KU News Service, 785-864-8858
Mortar Board to honor outstanding faculty, staff
LAWRENCE — A University of Kansas honor society will recognize five faculty and staff members as outstanding educators during an upcoming exhibition basketball game.
Each year, the Torch Chapter of Mortar Board, a senior honor society, recognizes five instructors for their dedication to KU and their positive influence on students both academically and personally.
The recipients of the Outstanding Educator award are:
• William Beedles, professor and director of undergraduate programs at KU School of Business
• Victoria Corbin, associate professor of molecular biosciences
• Tammara Durham, vice provost for student affairs
• David McLeod, director of anatomy labs and lecturer in undergraduate biology
• Kala Stroup, honors emeritus faculty and internship adviser for the KU Honors Program. Stroup was a member of the Torch Chapter of Mortar Board at KU in 1958-59.
Brandon Rogers, a senior from Plano, Texas, and Jordan Crawford, a senior from Topeka, both Mortar Board members, served as a co-chairs for the awards.
The educators will be honored at halftime of the KU-Southeast Missouri State basketball game on Friday, Nov. 9.
The University of Kansas is a major comprehensive research and teaching university. University Relations is the central public relations office for KU's Lawrence email@example.com | (785) 864-3256 | 1314 Jayhawk Blvd., Lawrence, KS 66045